Guardian Scholars are expected to be as active in the program as possible. There are a few minimum requirements that must be met per semester to receive all of the benefits of the program, including priority registration and the Spring Semester trip. Below are the requirements per semester.
* Please note, for all virtual meetings and events scholars MUST log on using their UCM account.
All first year transfer students are required to attend the GSP Orientation
If you are unable to attend, reach out to the Program Coordinator
1 Student Coordinator Meeting
Starting "Life After College" Plan
MUST meet with Student Coordinator FIRST
January 31st , 2022 – March 11th, 2022
1 Program Coordinator Meeting
Sharing and Reviewing "Life After College" Plan
MUST meet with Program Coordinator AFTER meeting with the Student Coordinator
March 14th, 2022– April 29th, 2022
Attend at least 1 Social
- Scholars MUST be present at social for at least an hour to receive credit
- Scholars MUST complete event evaluation to receive credit
Attend at least 1 Workshop
Personal Development OR Professional Development
Scholars MUST complete event evaluation to receive credit
Scholars can attend a non-GSP event to count toward this requirement as long as it provides support/information about academics, career and/or graduate school preparation. Scholars must complete the "Professional Development" assignment on Catcourses to receive credit.
- We will accept events being hosted by the following departments:
- Center for Career and Professional Advancement
- Undergraduate Research Opportunity Center
- UC Merced Graduate Division
- Study Abroad
- Margo F. Souza Student Leadership Center
- Events hosted by their academic school (ex: school of engineering, school of natural sciences etc.)
- If you are interested in attending and receiving credit for an event not hosted by the departments listed above, please email the program coordinator.
- Scholars may also meet with a career specialist to fulfill the Professional Development Program Requirement.
- Schedule an appointment here.